2 medium sized onions
1/2 cup oil
400 gms ladyfinger
2 tblsp pomegranate seeds powder (anardana powder)
1 tblsp lemon juice
1 tblsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
How to make bhindi anardana :
- Wash, wipe and trim ladyfingers.
- Make a deep slit on one side of the ladyfinger to create a pocket.
- Take off and finely slice onion.
- Mix red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pomegranate seed powder, garam masala powder and salt with four-tblsp oil to make a thick paste.
- Stuff the ladyfingers liberally with this masala paste.
- Heat up oil in a pot and stir fry cut onion for two to three minutes or until translucent.
- Gently slide in the stuffed ladyfingers and stir fry on medium heat up for five minutes turning them occasionally.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and serve hot.