Aloo matar rasewale is a simple Punjabi home food. It is a Quick, Easy and Delicious dish. It is made regularly in Punjabi household when it is peas season. The use of few spices gives a flavorful and tangy taste to the sabji. Aloo matar ki rasedar sabji can be relished with jeera rice and boondi raita.
Ingredients for aloo matar rasewale:
- 3- 4 medium Potato (Aloo)
- 250 gms fresh Matar (Peas)
- 2 medium Onion
- 3 medium Tomato
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 5 – 6 clove Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Kasuri Methi (Dry Fenugreek Leaves)
- 2 tblsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Finely chopped Coriander Leaves
How to make aloo matar ki rasedar sabji:
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in cube. Keep aside dipped in water.
- Make a paste of onion.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add jeera. Once it begins to sputter, add onion paste. Let it cook till the paste gets brown in color.
- Then add grated ginger. Now add kashmiri red chilly powder. And immediately add garlic and tomato paste.
- Let the tomato paste cook till the oil separates.
- Now add the dry masala – coriander powder, red chilly powder, garam masala and salt. Cook it for a minute. If the masala begins to burn add 1 tblsp of water. Let it cook till the water reduces.
- Then add cubed aloo and matar.
- Add 1 cup of water and cover the lid and let 2 whistles come.
- Let the cooker cool naturally and then open the lid. Mash few aloo with the back of the ladle. This will add body to the sabji.
- Now transfer the aloo matar rasewale sabji to a serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped green coriander and serve with tandoori roti or hot plain parantha or even with rice and hari chutney and onion salad.
Tips for making tasty aloo matar rasewale: