Mushroom do pyaza uses the onion in double the quantity hence the name “do pyaza”. This mushroom curry is tasty and can be made in a jiffy. Mushroom do pyaza makes a perfect side dish in any north Indian meal. Khumb do pyaza is an ideal option for a low calorie dish without compromising on the taste.
Ingredients for khumb do pyaza :
- 200 gms Mushroom
- 3 – 4 medium Onion
- 3 – 4 medium Tomatoes
- 1″ inch Ginger
- 1 – 2 Green Chillies
- 6 – 7 Garlic Pods
- 1 tblsp Coriander Seeds
- 5 – 6 Laung (Cloves)
- 7 – 8 Blackpepper Corns
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tblsp Besan
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 cup Curd (Dahi)
- 1/4 cup Malai (Optional)
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi (Dry Fenugreek Leaves)
- Salt t taste
- 1 tblsp Oil
How to make mushroom do pyaza :
- Take a pan, put besan and dry roast on low flame till a sweet aroma starts to release.
- Wash and dry the mushrooms, cut them in big chunks.
- Wash th onions and cut them in big pieces and separate each petal. Keep aside.
- In a grinder, make a paste of tomatoes, ginger, garlic and green chillies and whole coriander seeds, laung and black pepper.
- In a kadai, heat oil and add the kashmiri red chilly powder.
- Immediately add the tomato paste.
- Cover the kadai with a cover and let it cook on low flame till the oil separates and the water evaporates.
- Now add the dry masalas – coriander powder, garam masala, red chilly powder, besan and salt. Add 1 – 2 tablespoon of water so that the masala does not get burnt.
- Beat malai and curd together to smooth consistency.
- Add it to the gravy masala and mix well.
- Cook this masala till reddish oil separates on the sides and the curd – malai mixture is completely incorporated in the gravy.
- Now add the chopped mushroom and onion petals. Stir well, cover and let the gravy cook till the mushrooms are done.
- Now sprinkle in crushed kasoori methi.