1-1/4 cup soaked overnight Lima Beans
2 medium sized peeled & cubed Potato (Aloo)
1tsp Black Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 tsp Cayenne Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
To taste Salt (Namak)
1 medium sized finely chopped Onion (Pyaj)
4 tblsp fresh grated Coconut (Nariyal)
Chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
How to make pavta batata:
- Cook the beans in enough water till cooked but not too soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, allow them to pop.
- Add asafoetida and onion.
- Fry till onions become translucent.
- Now mix turmeric, cayenne, coriander, salt and potatoes.
- Add little water and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Gently mix in the cooked beans, coconut and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.