1-1/4 cup soaked overnight Lima Beans
2 medium sized boiled, peeled and mashed Potato (Aloo)
1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 tsp Cayenne Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
4 tsp Flour
5 tblsp Oil
How to make pavta patties:
- Boil the beans in enough water until very soft.
- Drain them.
- Knead all the ingredients including beans, except flour and oil, into a stiff dough.
- Make equal size balls of the dough and flatten them slightly.
- Heat the oil.
- Roll each patty in the flour and shallow fry until golden and crisp.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve hot with tamarind chutney.