1-1/4 cup sprouted and skinned Val Beans
1 small cubed Eggplant / Brinjal
1 chopped finely Onion (Pyaj)
2 cut into 1inch pieces Drumstick leaves (Muranka bhaji)
4 tblsp grated Coconut (Nariyal)
1 tsp Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 tsp Cayenne Powder
1 tsp Goda Masala
A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
To taste Salt (Namak)
3 tblsp Oil
How to make vangi ani val:
- Boil the drumsticks until they can be easily opened.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil and saute the mustard seeds with the asafoetida.
- When the seeds start to pop add the onions and fry till golden.
- Add the val , eggplant, all spices and salt, mix well and add little water and cook until the beans are soft but not mushy.
- Cook over high heat to dry the water.
- Remove from heat and add coconut and drumsticks.
- Stir gently and serve hot.