Here is masala oats recipe. This Saffola masala oats recipe is perfect for weight loss. These masala oats are a complete meal if you serve it will dahi / curd. Oats are a great source of fibre. They keep you full for a longer period of time. Saffola oats are good for weight loss. This is a easy masala oats recipe loaded with vegetables. Follow along the saffola masala oats recipe.
Serves : 1 – 2
Total Time: 30 mins
- 3/4 cup Plain Saffola Oats
- 1/2 cup chopped Vegetables (Carrots, Beans, Cauliflower, Peas)
- 1 small chopped Onion
- 1 small chopped Tomato
- 1 Green Chilly chopped
- 1/2 tsp grated Ginger
- 10 – 12 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tblsp Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Ghee / Oil
How To Make Saffola Masala Oats For Weight Loss:
- In a pan dry roast the oats on low flame for 5 mins. Take it out in a dry plate. Keep aside.
- In the same pan now heat oil, add the mustard seeds. When the mustard begins to crackle add the curry leaves.
- Now add the chopped onions and grated ginger.
- Stir fry till the onions gets pink and translucent. Do not let them become brown or they will taste bitter.
- Now add the chopped mix vegetables. Add the salt and cook for 5 mins so that they are partially cooked.
- Now add the turmeric powder, green chilly red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and chopped tomatoes.
- Cook till the tomatoes get partially cooked.
- Now add the dry roasted oats.
- Also add 2 cups of water. Mix everything well.
- Cover and cook for 5 mins. Now stir well with the ladle and add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle lemon juice.
- Your yummy healthy masala oats are ready. Serve it with tangy green chutney to make it more delectable. You can also serve dahi with it.