- 11/3 cup Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Sugar (optional)
- 3 tbsp Melted Ghee
- 1/2 cup Warm Water or as needed
- Ghee for deep frying
How to make Luchi :
- Blend the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Rub the melted ghee into it and gradually using enough water to make a stiff but pliable dough.
- Cover the dough with damp cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Knead dough a little again. Dough should be stiff enough to roll without extra flour.
- Make small balls of the dough and cover them with damp cloth.
- Take one ball of dough and dip a corner of ball in melted ghee or oil and roll it out into 5 to 6 inches round. Repeat the same process to roll out all pooris.
- Heat plenty of oil in a kadhai until very hot. Put in a luchi and immediately start flickering hot oil over the top of it with a spatula so that it will swell up like a ball.
- This should take only a few seconds. Flip the luchi over and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with curries or vegetables.