- Whole Wheat Flour (Atta) as per consumption
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Butter/Ghee (Pure ghee) for frying
- Water for kneading
How to make lachha parantha:
- Make dough out of whole-wheat flour (atta), 1tbsp oil & salt, as you would do for any paratha/roti.
- Make dough 30 minutes before and cover it with moist muslin cloth.
- Take a Ping-Pong ball size lump of dough. Now roll it into a circle of appox. 5 to 6 ” diameter using dry flour.
- Heat the ghee so that it turns to liquid.
- Now spread the ghee properly over entire surface.
- Using a knife make a 2″ cut lengthways and fold it inwards .
- Spread Oil on every fold. Now press it lightly towards the center to show the layers clearly and roll like a paratha. (Refer the picture).
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa (flat griddle plate).
- Turn the lachha paratha and pour half tablespoon oil or butter.
- Spread it on the paratha and shallow fry over low heat.
- Turn it and again pour oil or butter on the other side. Cook the lachha parata on a low heat till golden brown.