Khameeri roti is made by using yeast (khameer) and therefore is very soft to eat.Learn how to make Khameeri Roti.
- 2 cups (400gms) Whole wheat flour
- Butter or ghee for greasing the baking tray
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh yeast (khameer)
- Salt to taste
- Flour to Dust
- 1/2 cup warm water
How to make khameeri roti:
- Dissolve the yeast in half cup warm water and keep aside.
- Add salt in the flour and sieve it in a platter.
- Make a whole in between the flour and add about a cupfo water.Mix the flour and knead to make stiff dough.Keep aside for 15 minutes
- Now slowly sprinkle the yeast over the dough and keep kneadingit till it becomes smooth and not sticky.
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for half n hour.
- Now divide it into 8-10 equal round portions.Dust the ball with flour and roll it into 8 inches wide rotis.
- Either stick these rotis in a clay tandoor and cook for 2 minutesor place them on the greased baking tray and bake them in the ovenfor 4-5 minutes at 180 degree celsius.
- Serve hot with a choice of curry