Makki ki/di roti is a very famous punjabi bread which is made from makai (corn) atta (flour). Its served with lots of clarified butter.
Indian corn flatbread is best served with saroon ka saag. Learn how to make Makki ki roti.
- 2 cups (400gms) makki atta (corn flour)
- Salt to taste optional
- Luke warm water to knead the dough
How to make makki ki roti:
- Knead the dough by adding warm water and salt just beforemaking the rotis.
- Now take a clean cloth or small plastic sheet and put it on the kitchen slab.
- Take a portion of the dough and shape it as a ball. Place this on the cloth or plastic sheet.Then put some water on your fingers and press the ballby rotating it till it takes a shape of a roti.
- Remove this roti and put it on a heated tawa. Let the roti cookfrom both sides on low heat.
- Remove it from the tawa and serve hot with butter on top.