Lahsooni Gosht literally means garlic chicken. This is a hyderabadi recipe of garlic chicken.
Mutton 800 gms.
Oil 1 tbsp.
Bay Leaves 2
Garam Masala Whole 1 tbsp.
Onions (chopped) 2 cups
Ginger (chopped) 1 tbsp.
Garlic (chopped) 3 tbsps.
Green Chillies (chopped) 2 tbsps.
Coriander Powder 1 tbsp.
Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp.
Turmeric Powder 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Tomato Puree 1 cup
Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp.
Garlic 4-6 cloves
How to make lahsooni gosht:
- Clean and wash lamb and cut into 1½” pieces.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add bay leaves, whole garam masala and chopped onions. Sauté till onions turn light brown in color.
- Add chopped ginger, chopped garlic and chopped green chillies. Cook for half a minute. Add lamb pieces and cook on a high heat for 5 minutes, till lamb is seared and its juices sealed in.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Stir well.
- Add three cups of water and bring it to a boil. Cook on low heat for about 30 minutes or till lamb pieces are almost done.
- Add tomato puree and season with salt and garam masala powder.
- Cook covered till lamb is tender.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh garlic cloves.