- 1 cup Milk Chocolates
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed Milk (not evaporated)
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted thin Pretzels (fine crushed) or Pretzel Sticks
- 1 cup Butter or Margarine (divided)
- 3/4 cup Cocoa
- 2 cup sweetened Coconut Flakes (tinted)
How to make sweetheart layer bars:
- Pour 3/4 cup butter in a baking pan and place it in a preheated oven at 350°f till butter is melted.
- Take it out of the oven.
- Stir in crushed pretzels and press evenly into bottom of pan.
- Drizzle chocolates over pretzel layer.
- Put sweetened and condensed milk, cocoa and remaining 1/4 cup butter in microwave bowl.
- Until mixture is melted and smooth when stirred microwave it at high; it will take around 1 to 1-1/2 minutes.
- Carefully pour over pretzel layer in pan.
- Top with coconut; firmly press down onto chocolate layer.
- Bake it in oven at 350°f till it is lightly browned around edges it will take about 25-30 minutes.
- Let it cool completely in the pan.
- reduce into heart shaped pieces or cut into bars.