3 green chillies
6 potatoes, peeled, cubed
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Cut coriander leaves
3 dry red chillies
2 tbsp khuskhus roasted
3 tblsp oil
1/2 cup water
How to make khuskhus aloo :
- Grind the roasted khuskhsu along with the green chillies and a few tblsp of water to a very fine paste.
- Keep aside.
- Heat up half of the oil in a pot for 2 minute till very hot.
- Shallow fry the potatoes in batches on medium heat up till they are lightly browned.
- Heat up the remaining oil in the same pan.
- Mix in the whole dry red chillies and turmeric powder.
- Fry briefly.
- Now mix in the khuskhus paste and fry again on low heat up for 5 minutes till the oil has left the sides of the pan.
- Mix in the fried potatoes and mix well.
- Mix in water and salt.
- Stir, cover and keep on low heat up for 15 minutes till the potatoes are soft.
- Decorate with cut fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.