- 4-5 lbs Sockeye Salmon
- 1 sliced Lemon
- 1 medium sliced Onion
- 1 sl Bacon
- 1/2 cup Light corn syrup
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts Pepper
- 1/2 ts Garlic powder
How to make oven barbecued salmon:
- Remove head and tail from salmon and fillet. Place one-half skin side down on a large sheet of foil in a baking pan. Add spices and layer with lemon, onion, and bacon.
- Mix corn syrup and ketchup and pour 1/2 over the fillet.
- Place second fillet flesh side down over the first; pour rest of sauce over all.
- Seal with the foil and bake 30- 40 minutes at 400
- Salmon will flake easily with a fork in the thickest part when it is done. Do not overbake.
- Serve hot; oven baked potatoes or corn would make a good accompaniment with a green salad.