Namakpara is a popular holi recipe. It made from flour dough cut into strips and then deep fried. Good thing about namakpare is that it can be stored for 2 -3 weeks.
Total time : 1 hr
Makes : 25 – 35
- 1 cup maida (flour)
- 4 1/2-5 1/2 tblsp lwater
- 2 tbsp beaten curd
- 3 tblsp ghee
- 1tsp Ajwain
- 3/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- Oil for deep frying
How to make namakpara:
- In a bowl mix flour, salt, ajwain and melted ghee till the mixture takes the form of breadcrumbs
- In a separate bowl combine beaten curd with water. With this mixture knead a tight dough out of the flour salt mixture.
- Cover this dough with a wet cloth piece for ½ hour.
- Make balls of the dough and roll them into a ¼” thick flat bread of the size of a medium pizza.
- Now with the help of a knife cut vertically and then into horizontally to get diamond shaped strips.
- Heat the oil in a kadai. Fry these strips in small batches over medium flame till they are golden crisp.
- Drain out the excess oil and place them to cool on tissue paper.
- Fry all the strips in the similar manner and then store namakpare in an airtight container.