Mathi is popular Indian sytle tea time snack. Stiff dough is kneaded from all purpose flour and wheat flour adding various spices to it and then deep fried.
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves (crushed between palms)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds (coarse powder)
- 1 tsp fennel seed (coarse powder)
- 1 tsp cumin seed (coarse powder)
- 1/4 tsp asafetida
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee (Clarified butter)
- Warm water for dough
How to make masala mathri :
- Sieve together all purpose flour, wheat flour and salt.
- Take a big mixing bowl, add all purpose flour mix along with black pepper powder, crushed fenugreek leaves, coriander seeds, cumin seed and asafetida.
- Mix all the ingredients well and add smoking hot ghee to it.
- Mix them well and with the help of luke warm water make a stiff dough like we make a dough for poories. Cover it and rest for 15 minute.
- Knead it slightly and make small balls from the dough.
- Roll them into small thick poories. Pierce them with the help of fork.
- Fry them in hot oil on medium flame till golden brown in colour.
- Drain them on paper towel.
- Serve with hot tea or coffee.