2 cloves garlic, cut into slices
salt to taste
1 leg of american lamb
2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
coarse black pepper to taste
juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped or fresh summer savory (substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried crumbled herbs if fresh aren’t available)
How to make Easter Leg Of Lamb :
- set the oven to 325°f so that it is preheated.
- then take a shallow roasting pan and place the lamb into it. while placing make sure that its fat side is placed up.
- then using a sharp knife you need to cut slits in surface of lamb.
- after cutting slits insert garlic slivers in those slits of the lamb.
- now take a lemon and gently squeeze its juice over the lamb. also rub its surface well with the lemon juice.
- when you are through with rubbing lemon juice, sprinkle the lamb with basil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- at the same time also rub seasonings into lamb surface.
- now it is time to roast the lamb. so place it in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes per pound, or until meat thermometer registers 150°f for medium rare, 160°f for medium or to desired degree of doneness.
- please note that before you carve the lamb you should let it stand in warm place for about 15-20 min.