Punjabi Meethi Lassi or Sweet Lassi is a thirst quencher during the scorching summer season. It is super healthy and delicious. The probiotic nature of curd / yogurt makes it best for the guts. Here is a delicious refreshing recipe of Punjabi meethi lassi that can be enjoyed in hot summers and also during Holi festivities. Learn how to make Punjabi sweet lassi.
- 3 cup plain Curd (Yogurt) with curd cream
- 2/3rd cup Sugar (Cheeni)
- 1/2 cup Ice Water
- 8-10 crushed Ice-cubes
How to make Punjabi meethe lassi:
- If you have access to it, spoon off 4 pieces of firm ‘curd cream’ from the top of curd and set aside for garnishing.
- Place the curd and the sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk it until frothy.
- Add the ice water and whisk again briefly.
- Stir in the crushed ice.
- Alternately, use a blender.
- Divide the curd and sugar mixture into two batch, cover, and process for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer and repeat for the second batch.
- Pour the beverage into 4 chilled glasses.
- Carefully place a piece of curd cream, if desired, on each drink and garnish with a sprinkle of sugar.
- Serve immediately.