Puran poli is a very commonly made traditional Maharashtrian dessert.Puran puli is a roti stuffed with chana dal and jaggery mixture. Learn how to make puran poli at home.
- 1 cup Maida
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Water enough to make dough
- 6 tbsp Oil
- Oil / Ghee for frying
- 1 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1 1/4 cup Bengal Gram Dal
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
How To Make Puran Poli :
- Blend the ghee and masala with the maida. Using water make a soft smooth dough.
- Leave under a wet cloth for 40-50 minutes. Knead again.
- Put in the 6 tbsps oil and knead till completely absorbed. Cover and leave aside for 4 hours.
- Put the dal in the cooker till one whistle. Drain the water.
- Grind to a paste and with the jaggery and cardamom powder. The
filling should not be watery.
- Make small balls of the filling. Divide the dough into small
balls and flatten them.
- Place one ball of filling on the dough and cover and seal up the filling.
- Carefully roll out the dough into thick puris making sure the
filling does not come out.
- Fry on a tawa pouring ghee around it. Cook on both sides. PuranPoli is ready to be served.