- 1/2 kg Soft white khoya
- 2-1/2 cups (approx.300gms) sugar powdered
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds semi crushed
- 1 tbsp slivered or crushed pistachios
How to make peda:
- Grate khoya with a steel (not iron) grater.Add powdered sugar and
- Put mixture in a large heavy or nonstick pan.
- Heat first on high for few minutes.
- The on slow till done.
- Make sure to stir continuously, while on heat.
- When mixture thick and gooey, add cardamom.
- Mix well, and take off fire.
- Allow to cool, gently turning occasionally.
- Use cookie moulds, or shape pedas with palms into patty rounds.
- Mix pistachios and cardamom seeds and press a bit on top of each.
- If using moulds, first sprinkle some at bottom.
- Take some mixture and press into mould.
- When set well, invert and carefully, unmould. The pedas are ready
to be served.