A super easy eggless banana bread recipe. Banana bread comes to rescue when you want to save your sad looking over ripe bananas on the counter. The more overripe the bananas you use better it is. It is soft, moist and soo flavourful. And the best part is that it is whole wheat and eggless too. Lets learn how to make eggless chocolate chip banana bread.
Serves : 3- 4
Total Time: 1hr
- 2 medium Overripe Bananas
- 1 1/2 cup Wholewheat Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamom Powder
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Milk at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup Walnuts or Pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup Choco Chips
- A little oil + flour for dusting
How to make eggless choco chip banana bread:
- In a bowl mash the bananas with a fork keep slightly coarse. Add sugar. Mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the oil and mix. Use a spatula or electric beater. Just for few seconds.
- In a separate bowl sieve the dry ingredients – whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and baking soda 2 – 3 times.
- Now add the sieved ingredients into the wet mixture.
- With a light hand using cut and fold method mix all the ingredients gently.
- Now add the vinegar and milk.
- Add milk slowly till you obtain thick dripping consistency.
- Now add the chopped walnuts and choco chips. Save few walnuts for topping.
- Pour this batter to an oiled loaf tin 9″ X 4″ dusted with flour or use butter paper. You can even use a round tin to bake.
- Sprinkle walnuts.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 C for 30 -40 mins or till skewer comes out dry.
- Cool and remove from tin.
- Slice and serve.
- This whole wheat banana bread tastes better next day with a hot cup of coffee.