Patta gobhi mattar is made using cabbage and peas.This is an everyday peas sabzi can be served with chapatis or paraths. Learn how to make Indian cabbage and peas.
- 1 small cabbage (450gms) (patta gobhi) chopped
- 1 small sized onion (sliced thinly)
- 1/2 cup green peas (matar)
- 1-2 green chillies (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- salt to taste
- Cooking Oil
How to make indian cabbage and peas
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai.Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Then add sliced onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now add green chillies and cabbage.Mix well.
- Now add all the powdered spices and salt.Mix well.
- Cover it and cook for 3-4 minutes.Add the peas and cook till all the water evaporates and cabbage is cooked.
- Serve hot with chapatis.