Cabbage poriyal is a South Indian dish which is made by adding grated coconut with cabbage.Learn how to make cabbage poriyal.
- 1 small sized cabbage (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2-3 green chillies (slit in halves)
- 3 tblsp oil
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
How to make cabbage poriyal:
- Heat oil in a pan.Add mustard seeds and urad dal andlet it splutter.
- Add curry leaves,green chillies and onions.Fry till golden brown and then turmeric powder.
- Add chopped cabbage and salt and mix well.Add 1/4 cup water and cook covered for 5 mins.
- Once cabbage is done add grated coconut and stir.
- Serve hot