Methi Baigan Recipe is a side dish made from brinjal(eggplant) and fenugreek leaves. It is quite delicious to eat and easy to prepare.
1 green chilli slit
salt to taste
1/2 bunch fenugreek leaves (methi)
3 baby brinjals
1 tsp cumin seeds
oil for frying
1 pinch sugar
How to make methi baigan :
- Cut brinjal into cubes.
- Wash methi leaves thoroughly, cut roughly and keep aside.
- Heat up oil in a kadhai.
- Deep fry the brinjal pieces and set aside.
- Heat up 1 tblsp oil in a pan.
- Mix in cumin seeds and slit green chilli.
- Once the cumin seeds begin to crackle, mix in the washed methi leaves.
- Cover and stir fry for a while.
- Mix in salt and a pinch of sugar and stir fry till done.
- Mix in the fried brinjal and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.