NAVRATAN KORMA RECIPE
Ingredients for navrattan korma :
3 cups - Boiled vegetables (9 varieties-potatoes,
carrots, green peas, french beans, cauliflower, capsicum, cabbage,
bottle gourd, cluster beans)
150gms - Grated paneer
3 - Tomatoes
2 - Grated onions
1 1/2 tsp -Ginger paste
1 1/2 tsp - Garlic paste
Salt To Taste
1 tsp - Turmeric Powder
1 1/2 tsp - Red chilli powder
1 tsp - Coriander powder
2 tsp - Garam Masala Powder
2 tbsp - Cream
6 tbsp - Vegetable oil
1 tbsp - Ghee
1 cup - Milk / water
1/4 cup - Dry fruits (cashew nuts, raisins)
Coriander leaves for decoration
How to make navrattan korma :
- Boil tomatoes till tender. Allow them to cool. Then peel off the
tomato skin to make puree. Readymade tomato puree can also be used.
- Take 1 tbsp ghee and slightly fry the dry fruits for about 1 min
on medium heat.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry onions and ginger-garlic paste till golden
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder,
garam masala and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add tomato puree and dry fruits. Stir well and cook the
mixture for 4 minutes. Ensure that the mixture doesn't stick to
bottom of pan.
- Add milk (use water alternatively). Bring it to boil. Reduce the
heat and cook until the gravy becomes thick.
- Add paneer to the gravy and stir well.
- Finally add all the vegetables to the above gravy and cook for
- Serve the navratan korma hot. Put cream and chopped coriander
leaves on the navaratna korma decorate .