1 cup coconut (narial) (scraped)
1 tsp rice (chawal)
4 cup buttermilk
4 tblsp oil (tel)
6 red chillies whole
1 tsp mustard seeds (raai)
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds(methi seeds)
10-12 curry leaves (kari patta)
salt (namak) to taste
How to make puliseri:
- Soak rice in warm water, drain and grind with the coconut to a smooth and thick paste.
- Add the butter milk to this paste and make a batter of medium thick consistency.
- Heat two tablespoon oil and fry the four red chillies and pound to a powder.
- Heat the remaining oil and temper with mustard seeds, methi seeds and remaining red chillies.
- Add the chilli powder and curry leaves. Stir well and pour the batter.
- Bring to boil and simmer till it thickens slightly. Add salt to taste.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...