TAMATAR KA SHORBA RECIPE
600 gms. Tomatoes
1 tbsp. Chopped ginger
1 tbsp. Chopped garlic
1 tbsp. Whole garam masala
2 no. Bay leaf
1 tbsp. Chopped green coriander
1 tsp. Cumin seeds
1 tbsp. Sugar (optional)
1 tbsp. Oil
2 no. Green chili
As per taste Salt
- Wash and cut tomatoes into quarters
- Cook tomatoes with chopped ginger, garlic, green chilies cut into
two and Whole Garam Masala. Add 5 cups of water and bay leaf. Bring
to a boil.
- Simmer for twenty minutes on a slow flame until tomatoes are
- Strain the mixture with a soup strainer.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, let them crackle. Add
strained tomato liquid and season with salt.
- Bring it to a boil, add sugar if it is very sour.
- Serve tamatar ka shorba hot, garnished with chopped green
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...