VEGETABLE SAMOSA RECIPE
1 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
Water to Knead dough
1/4th tsp. Ajwain (optional)
3-4 Potatoes (boiled, peeled & mashed)
1/2 cup Green Peas (boiled)
1-2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
1/2tsp Ginger (crushed)
1tbsp coriander finely chopped
Few chopped Cashews (optional)
Few Raisins (optional)
1/2tsp Garam masala
Salt to taste
Red chili powder to taste
1/2 tsp. Dry Mango powder( Amchur) (optional)
How to make samosa:
For Stuffing :
- Mix all the ingredients (salt, oil, ajwain) except water.
- Add a little water at a time.
- Pat and knead well for several times into a soft pliable dough.
- Cover it with moist Muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
To Proceed :
- In a bowl add mashed potatoes and all dry masalas (salt, chili
powder, mango powder, garam masala) and green chilles, ginger and
- Add green peas, cashews and raisins and mix well.
- Add coriander and keep aside.
- Make small rolls of dough and roll it into a 4"-5"
- Cut it into two parts like semi-circle.
- Now take one semi circle and fold it like a cone. Use water while
- Place a spoon of filling in the cone and seal the third side
using a drop of water.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry till golden brown (fry on a
- Serve samosa hot with hari chutney, tamarind chutney.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...