BOMBAY SANDWICH RECIPE
Bombay sandwich is very easy to make and is a quick snack dish. On white bread green chutney and butter is applied and then thinly sliced tomatoes, onions rings, cucumber and potatoes are sandwiched between the bread slices. Can be enjoyed with green chutney and ketchup.
Makes : 2 Sanwiches
Cooking time : 10-15 mins
4 slices of bread
4 tsp butter
1/2 cup green chutney
2 boiled potatoes (pilled and sliced thick)
1/2 cucumbers (thinly sliced)
2 tomatoes (thinly sliced)
1 onion (sliced very thinly)
1 tsp chat masala
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp zero size sev
For Green Chutney
3 green chillies
Few Sprigs of mint leaves
1/2 bunch of coriander leaves
salt to taste
1 tsp Lemon Juice
How to make bombay sandwich with green chutney:
- For the green chutney- grind together green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves, salt and lemon juice to a smooth paste.
- Trim off the edges of each slice of bread, apply 1 tsp of butter and 1/2 tsp of green chutney on each and keep aside.
- Place the slice of bread, with the buttered slide facing up , on a clean flat surface.
- Arrange few cucumber pieces over it and sprinkle 1/4 tsp of chat masala over it.
- Arrange two slice of onion, 2 slice of potato and 2 slices of tomatoes over it. Sprinkle salt and red chili powder over it and again evenly sprinkle chat masala over it.
- Place the other slice of bread with the buttered side facing downward.
- Cut into four equal parts and on top sprinkle 0 size sev over it.
- Or If you want you can even toast or grill them in a griller with butter smeared on both sides and then sprinkle some 0 size sev on it.
- Serve immediately with ketchup and green chutney.