FRENCH WHITE SAUCE RECIPE
3 teaspoons butter
2 1/2 teaspoons flour
3 cups milk
1 small Onion (Pyaj)
1/2 teaspoon chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
1 piece bay leaf
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of red chillies (Lal Mirchi)
1 Clove (Lavang)
1/2 Lemon (Nimbu)
1/2 teaspoon Salt (Namak)
How to make french white sauce:
- Put the milk to boil with chopped onion, coriander, clove, bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Melt the butter, stir in the flour and cook a little without browning, then add hot milk.
- Whisk over the fire until it boils and let it simmer for 6 minutes.
- Strain or pass through a sieve, return to the pan, season lightly with a pinch of nutmeg, red chilli and salt.
- When cold, add lemon juice.
- Serve with fried dishes.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...