MAKAI KI ROTI RECIPE
6 tblsp butter
1 1/2 cup corn meal (makai ka atta)
salt to taste
1/4 cup whole wheat up flour
How to make makai ki roti :
- Mix cornmeal, whole-wheat up flour and salt.
- Mix in sufficient lukewarm water, a little at a time, to make medium soft dough.
- Divide the prepared dough into eight to ten equal portions.
- Wet your hand with a little water and flatten each portion on a wet polythene sheet, into a disk of four to five inches diameter.
- Heat up a tawa, apply a little oil and transfer makai roti carefully on to the tawa.
- Spoon a little oil on the sides of makai roti and stir fry on low heat up for one minute.
- Turn the makai roti and stir fry the other side for one minute or till crunchy and light golden brown.
- Spray the cooked rotis with grease and serve hot with sarson ka saag.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...