FRESH APRICOT PUDDING RECIPE
1 oz butter
8 oz fresh apricots
4 oz self-raising flour
4 oz fine white breadcrumbs
4 oz shredded suet
2 tblsp granulated sugar
little milk to mix
2tsp Demerara sugar
How to make fresh apricot pudding:
- Well butter a 2-pinch pudding basin ; line bottom and sides with stoned and halved apricots placing skin sides next to basin.
- Mix flour and breadcrumbs, adding pinch salt, then add suet and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the beaten eggs with a little milk, and stir well until eggs are evenly blended. Add a little more milk to make a stiffly dropping consistency.
- Sprinkle Demerara sugar over the apricots in the basin, add butter in pieces, then put in the pudding mixture, smoothing the top.
- Cover with buttered paper, tied on tightly, but loosely fitting to allow pudding to rise. Simmer gently for 2 hours.
- Turn out carefully, to disturb apricots as little as possible and serve with Apricot Sauce.
8 fresh apricots
1/2 pint water
3 tsp Dmerara sugar
1 tblsp apricot jam
2 tsp cornflour
How to make apricot sauce:
- Chop apricots into quarters; crack stones and remove kernels.
- Cook apricots and stones in the water and sugar for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the jam.
- Blend cornflour to a smooth paste with a tblsp spoon of water, add to boiling apricot mixture.
- Stir until boiling again and mixture clears and thickens slightly.
- Pour into a sauce boat to serve.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...