TANDOORI CHICKEN RECIPE
4 skinned Chicken Quarters
2 tblsp Lemon Juice (Nimbu Ka Raas)
1 Garlic Clove (Lasun)
1 inch piece peeled and coarsely chopped Fresh Ginger (Adrak)
1 Green chilli (Hari mirch)
1 tblsp Water
4 tblsp Natural Yogurt (Dahi)
1 tsp Grouna Cumin (Jeera)
1 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt (Namak)
A few drop of Yellow Food Colouring
2 tblsp melted Ghee
Onion (Pyaj) rings
How to make tandoori chicken:
- Make 3-4 cuts in each chicken quarter using a knife.
- Put the chicken in an ovenproof dish.
- Combine lemon juice.
- Rub it into the incisions.
- Cover it.
- Let it marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Combine garlic, ginger and green chilli and water in a blender.
- Grind to make a smooth paste like mixture.
- Combine the paste to yogurt, ground cumin, garam masala, paprika, salt, food colouring and the melted ghee.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Spread them over marinated chicken pieces.
- Coat the pieces with the yogurt marinade.
- Cover it.
- Let it marinate at room temperature for about 5 hours.
- Turn once or twice maximum.
- Place chicken in a oven at 325 F.
- Let it roast for 1 hour.
- Bast frequently and turn once.
- The chicken should be tender and most of the marinade should be evaporated.
- Then grill the chicken over hot charcoal.
- Garnish it with lemon wedges and onion rings.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...