Kadai chicken is a popular chicken curry recipe in which boneless chicken pieces are served in thick gravy along with big chunky pieces of onion, capsicum and tomatoes. Learn how to make chicken kadai restaurant style.
- 500 gms Chicken boneless (cut into pieces)
- 2 Capsicum Cubed
- 2 Onions Cubed and Layered
- 2 Tomatoes Cubed into big pieces
- For the gravy
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 3 Tomatoes pureed
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Dry Red Chilly
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Red Kashmiri Powder
- 1 tsp Chicken Masala
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 10 Cashewnuts
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cream
- Salt To Taste
- 2 -3 Tblsp Oil
- 1 tblsp finely chopped Coriander Leaves
How to make kadai chicken :
- Heat 1 tblsp oil in a kadai and turn the flame to high and then fry the capsicums till little crisp. Take them out and then fry onions , take them out and then fry tomatoes. Keep all these fried vegetables aside. Lower the flame.
- To the same kadai add the remaining oiland put cumin seeds. When they begin to sputter add the dry red chilly.
- Now add the chopped onions. Fry them little golden brown. Make sure the onions do not get burnt or the gravy will smell the same.
- Addginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears. The whole mixture should have a golden color.
- Add the tomato puree. Cook till the raw smell goes and the masala thickens.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir fry for3 – 4 minutes. Now lower the flame and let it cook in its own moisture.
- Once done sprinkle the garam masala, chicken masala and red chilly powder.
- Now is the time to add the fried pieces of capsicum, onion and tomatoes.
- Add the cashew nut paste, cream and mix well. Cook till everything assimilates and then dish it out in a serving dish and garnish with green finely chopped coriander and some julienne ginger.
- Serve the kadai chicken hot with naan, kulcha or tandoori roti.