CHICKEN KALI MIRCH RECIPE
A marinated chicken recipe with distinctive flavors of black pepper corns and curry leaves
1kg chicken, cleaned and cut into pieces
1/2 c black pepper corns (kali mirch sabut)
1 tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
Salt to taste
5 cloves (Laung)
1 stem large curry leaves
1/2 c tomatoes, chopped
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tsp coriander powder
10 cloves garlic, chopped
4 tblsp oil
How to make chicken kali mirch:
- Coarsely grind the pepper corns and along with turmeric and salt mix it with the chicken and refrigerate for an hour.
- Now heat oil in a wok and throw in the cloves first.
- After that put in the garlic and then the onion.
- Once the onions are pink in color add the tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes start getting a little roasted, add the coriander powder.
- Sauté till oil gets separated from the paste
- Now add a cup of water and the curry leaves.
- Once it starts boling add the marinated chicken.
- Cook covered till the chicken is tender and serve hot with rotis.