SUKHI KOLMI RECIPE
11/4 lb cleaned and shelled raw Shrimps
2 finely chopped Onion (Pyaj)
1 cup discard stems, washed & chopped Fenugreek Leaves (Methi Ke Patte)
1 tsp Cayenne Powder
2 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
To taste Salt (Namak)
4 Cloves (Lavang)
4 Cardamoms (Elaichi)
10-12 Black Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
3-4 tblsp Oil
How to make sukhi kolmi:
- Clean, wash and drain the shrimps and mix salt, turmeric, chili and coriander powder.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai / wok.
- Add cloves, cardamoms and peppercorns and stir fry for few seconds.
- Add onions and fry till golden, then add shrimps and cook until they turn pink.
- Add fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- Cook on low heat until the shrimps are done.
- The dish should be dry but have a creamy flavour.
- Serve hot.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...