8 small Egg plant, Brinjal (Biangan)
8 peeled baby Potato (Aloo)
2 large sliced Onion (Pyaj)
2/3rd cup grated Coconut (Nariyal)
4 tblsp unsalted chopped Cashews
8 Cloves (Lavang)
8 Black Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
1/2 tsp Sugar (Cheeni)
To taste Salt (Namak)
1 tsp Cayenne Powder
1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 tsp Tamarind Paste (Imli Pate)
8 tblsp Oil
2 tblsp Coriander seeds (Dhania)
3 tblsp chopped finely Coriander Leaves (Dhania Powder)
How to make bharwan baingan:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add cloves, coriander seeds and peppercorns.
- Saute for a minute..
- Now add sliced onions and fry until brown.
- Add coconut and stir fry until browned, remove and allow to cool.
- Grind the mixture to a paste using blender.
- Add little water if needed.
- Slit each eggplant lengthwise into four, keeping the stem end intact.
- Now in the grinded mixture mix cayenne powder, salt, sugar, tamarind paste, cashews and turmeric powder.
- Stuff the eggplants with this mixture, reserving some.
- Roll the potatoes in the remaining mixture.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the vegetables.
- Cook over low heat without burning, add little water if necessary, until done.
- Keep an eye.
- Serve hot with roti.