VEGETABLE MANCHURIAN RECIPE
2 cups Grated Cabbage
2 cups Grated Carrots
1 Chopped Spring Onion
2 Chopped Green Chilies
3-4 Crushed Garlic Flakes
2 tbsp Corn Starch or Flour
Oil for deep frying
1 tbsp Soya Sauce
Salt to taste
1 tsp Pepper Powder
1 tsp Sugar
A pinch of ajinomoto
2 tbsp oil
Preparation of vegetarian manchurian :
- Mix grated cabbage and carrots and squeeze the water out from
- Now in a bowl take the squeezed cabbage and carrots and mix 1
tbsp. corn starch and add few chopped chilies and little salt to it.
- Make small balls (like koftas) of the mixture .
- Heat the oil in a kadhai / wok and deep fry the balls till golden
brown, drain and keep aside.
- Now in a separate pan heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Sauté garlic, green chilies and spring onions.
- Add water, salt, pepper powder, ajinomoto, sugar and soya sauce.
Bring it to a boil.
- Mix 1 tbsp corn four with half of a cup of cold water and stir
into it. Gently add the fried balls to the gravy.
- Cook the vegetable manchurian for 3-4 minutes and serve hot
garnished with chopped coriander.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...