Rawa Dosa Recipe
Here's a simple, crispy rawa dosa recipe that can be
made instantly. Learn how to make rawa dosa.
1 1/2 cup semolina (sooji/rawa)
1 1/2 cup rice (chawal)
1/2 cup split black gram lentil (urad ki dhuli dal)
1 cup sour curd (khatta dahi)
2 large sized onion (pyaj)
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
10-12 curry leaves (kadi patta)
oil as required
1 1/2 tsp salt (namak)
How to make rawa dosa:
- Soak rice, dal for 2 hours.
- Then grind them to a fine thin batter by adding little water.
- Soak sooji in dahi and keep it for half an hour.
- Then mix it well with chawal batter and keep for 2 hours.
- Add salt to it and leave it covered for 12 hours for
- Peel potato and cut into small pieces.
- Chop onion also into long pieces.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and crackle rai and curry leaves.
- Then fry onion in it until it turns light brown.
- Now put alu, 1/2 tsp salt, lal mirch, haldi in it.
- Fry for 2 minutes and remove it from the flame. Keep it aside for
- Now heat a non stick tawa and spread 1 tbsp of the batter on the
whole of the pan.
- When cooked spread alu mixture on it.
- Grease all the corners with oil.
- Put little water on the tawa and wipe it with a clean cloth
before making each dosa.
- Serve them hot with hot sambhar and chutney.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...