Onion dosa is very easy simple yet delicious. It is a complete meal when served with any chutney or podi. The crispy dosa with sweetness of onions makes it a delicious medley.
Ingredients for dosa:
- 3 cup Rice (Chawal)
- 1 cup split Black Gram Lentil (Urad Dhuli Dal)
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds (Dana Methi)
- 200 gm chopped Onion (Pyaj)
- 1 chopped Green Chilli
- 7 – 8 finely chopped Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta)
- Oil as required
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt (Namak)
Ingredients for coconut chutney:
- 1 cup freshly grated Coconut
- 1/2 Green Chili
- 1/2 cup chopped Green Coriander
- 7 – 8 Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- For chutney tadka
- 1 tblsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Pinch of hing
- Few Curry Leaves
How to Make Onion Dosa :
- Wash and soak rice, dal and dana methi for 6 – 8 hours.
- Then grind them to a fine thin batter by adding little water.
- Leave it covered for 8 hours for fermentation.
- Now heat a non stick tawa or dosa griddle and spread 1 – 2 tblsp of the batter on the whole of the pan in round circle.
- Grease all the sides with ghee / oil .
- Sprinkle chopped onion generously, finely chopped green chilli and chopped curry leaves.
- Roll and remove it from the flame.
- Put little water on the tawa and wipe it with a clean cloth before making each dosa.
- Serve them hot with green coconut coriander chutney.
- To make the chutney – take all the ingredients under chutney section – coconut, green coriander, green chilli, curry leaves and salt. Grind it in a mixer to paste of your desired consistency.
- Now take a small pan to put the tadka.
- Heat oil in the pan. Add the mustard seeds. When they begin to crackle add hing and curry leaves.
- Pour it over the chutney.
What To Serve With Onion Dosa :
You can serve onion dosa with coconut chutney, peanut chutney, chutney podi, tomato coconut chutney.