11/2cup Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
50 gms Maida
1/2 tsp Baking powder
2 tbsp oil
Water to knead
How To Make Roomali Roti:
- Mix wheat flour, maida, salt and baking powder and sieve them
- Pour oil in the flour and add water bit by bit and make a smooth &
elastic dough and set aside covered with moist muslin cloth for 1/2
- Now make small balls of the dough and roll like a thin chapati of
about 12" diameter circle using little dry flour (it should be
thin as a tissue)
- Heat an inverted griddle(tawa).
- Place the rumali roti carefully over it and cook till done. Fold
it like a handkerchief.
- Serve rumali roti hot with indian curry.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...