NAAN BREAD RECIPE
Ingredients for indian naan recipe:
4 cups White Flour (Maida)
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Milk
1 tbsp Sugar
4 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Nigella seeds (Kalunji)
How To Make Naan:
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and make a
well in the middle.
- Mix the sugar, milk, eggs 2tbsp of oil in a bowl.
- Pour this into the center of the flour and knead adding water if
necessary to form soft dough.
- Add the remaining oil, knead again, then cover with damp cloth
and allow the dough to stand for 15 minutes. Knead the dough again
and cover and leave for 2-3 hours.
- About half an before the naan are required, turn on the oven to
- Divide the dough into 8 balls and allow rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with nigella seeds and put it in the oven
to heat while the dough is resting.
- Shape each ball of dough with the palms to make an oval shape.
- Bake the indian bread naan until puffed up and golden brown.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...