Yes it is possible to make garlic naan on tawa at home. It is so simple and easy to make. And once you got it figured out you will never like the store bought garlic naan ever. Just knead the dough and leave it to rise for a couple of hours. When it is time to serve just make hot ones and serve them to your loved ones. You are going to be the star of the day. Garlic naans are generally served in restaurants but now you can make it in your own home that too without much effort.
Garlic Naan On Tawa | Garlic Naan Without Yeast
- Tawa / Griddle
- Maida (All Purpose Flour)
For the dough:
- 250 gms Maida (All purpose flour)
- 2 tblsp Milk Powder (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 6 tsp Sour Curd (Yogurt)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Warm water – as required
For the topping:
- 1 – 2 tblsp finely chopped Garlic Pearls
- 2 – 3 tblsp finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- 3 – 4 tblsp Butter or Amul Garlic Butter
How to Make Garlic Naan :
- In a bowl mix together – maida, baking powder, baking soda, curd and salt. Now add little by little warm water make a soft dough.
- Cover with a wet cloth and set aside for 3- 4 hours.
- Make equal sized balls of the dough.
- Heat the tawa or griddle on high flame.
- Take one ball of the dough, apply dry flour and roll it into a round circle of 5 to 6 inches in diameter. Roll out the roti in oval shape of approximately 5 to 6mm thickness.
- Now sprinkle chopped garlic and coriander on one side. Sprinkle some dry flour and roll gently once to get the garlic and coriander stuck on the top.
- Now hold the roti on your palm with garlic side facing down and apply thin layer of water evenly all over.
- Let bubbles appear on the naan and then place the water surfaced side of roti on tava and quickly flip the tawa over the direct flame of gas. Keep moving in small circular motions so as not to get a black burnt spot at one place. Cook till roti gets evenly browned. Cook for approximately half minute.
- Once fully cooked take it off the tawa and cook the water side of roti directly on direct flame.
- Transfer the naan on serving plate and apply melted butter/ghee over the naan.
- Serve immediately. Soft garlicy naan is ready to be served.
- Make thick roti as thin ones upon cooking tends to harden like papad.
- Reserve your old tava without nonstick or cast irons – best to make this roti.
- You can change the toppings according to your choice – kalonji, chopped green chillies, just chopped coriander.
What To Serve With <TITLE> :
Serve with dal makhani, butter chicken, chicken tikka masala
Storage Tips :
Wrap it in Aluminium sheet tightly. Ensure no open ends else it will become rough and dry.
Reheating Tips :
Microwave it for 1 minute if directly out from the fridge.
If at room temperature, microwave it for 20-25 seconds.