EASTER EGG CANDIES RECIPE
1 lb confectioners sugar
1 pint cream of tartar
2 tblsp water
1 tblsp butter softened
1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 tblsp light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
8 squares semi-sweet chocolate
How to make easter egg candies:
- take a large bowl and pour into it the following ingredients… sugar, water, corn syrup, butter and vanilla.
- mix all these together.
- then add salt, almond extract and cream of tartar to this mixture.
- after mixing these well also add the coconut to this mixture.
- now it is time to shape this mixture into the easter eggs.
- for this you need to melt the chocolate in a double boiler over low heat.
- when melted properly cool it and then frost the prepared eggs.