Using whipping cream and pecans that would be liked by all on Easter makes the mouthwatering Chocolate Praline Easter Cake.
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup brown sugar; firm pack
3/4 cup pecans; coarse chopped
1 packet devil’s food cake mix
1 1/4 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 3/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
How to make chocolate praline easter cake:
- begin with preheating the oven to 325 degrees f.
- then take a heavy saucepan for combining some of the ingredients like margarine, whipping cream and brown sugar into it.
- you should cook the mixture over low heat just until butter is melted without forgetting to stir it occasionally.
- when cooked, pour this batter into two 8″ or 9″ round cake pans.
- you should sprinkle them evenly with chopped pecans.
- now take a large bowl and combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs all together.
- you are supposed to mix it all well at low speed until it gets moistened and then beat for 2 minutes at high speed.
- then carefully spread the batter over pecan mix in the pans.
- you need to bake it for 35-40 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched.
- allow it to cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the pans.
- cool it completely.
- for toppings begin with beating the whipping cream into a small bowl.
- you should beat it until soft peaks are formed into it.
- then mix powdered sugar and vanilla and beat once again until stiff peaks are formed into it.
- now it is time to assemble the cake. so place one layer on plate with praline side up. and then spread with 1/2 of the whipped cream.
- after that top with the second layer, again praline side up and spread with remaining whipped cream.
- you can garnish the cake with whole pecans and chocolate curls.
- do not forget to store in the refrigerator.