VEGETABLE NILGIRI KORMA RECIPE
1/4 cup coriander leaves (dhania patta) chopped
10-12 curry leaves
1 tblsp garam masala powder
1 potato (aloo)
1/2 cup green peas (matar) shelled
10 french beans
12 tblsp groundnut (moong fali) oil
2 medium onions
1 capsicum (shimla mirch)
salt (namak) to taste
1 carrots (gajjar)
2 tomatoes (Tamatar)
for masala paste
1" ginger (adrak)
1 tsp cumin seed (jeera)
2 tblsp poppy seeds (khuskhus)
12 cloves (lavang) garlic
6 red chillies whole
1/2 cup coconut (narial) scraped
2 tblsp coriander seed
2 tblsp fennel (saunf) seed
How to make vegetable nilgiri korma:
- Wash and cut all the vegetables into equal size pieces.
- Cut the onion.
- Wash and puree the tomatoes.
- Heat up two tablespoon of oil and fry the paste ingredients till light brown, cool and grind to a paste with little water.
- Wash and cut the coriander leaves.
- Boil the potatoes, cauliflower and carrots till half done in salted water.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Heat up oil in pan and mix in the onion and fry till golden brown.
- Wash and mix in the curry leaves and masala paste.
- Fry till the oil separates.
- Mix in the vegetables and continue stirring.
- Pour out the tomato puree and bring to boil.
- Mix in two cup water and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) till the vegetables are cooked and the gravy is thick.
- Sprinkle the garam masala, stir well.
- Serve nilgiri kurma hot.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...