Methiwala chawal is a very delicious and nutritious rice. Learn how to make fenugreek rice.
1 medium bunch fenugreek leaves (methi)
2 cup rice
1 tsp red chilli (lal mirch) powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp. turmeric (haldi) powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
4 cup water
7 tblsp oil
salt (namak) to taste
How to make methiwala chawal:
- Clean, wash and cut the fenugreek leaves.
- Wash and cut the tomato.
- Wash the rice and then soak in water for about twenty minutes.
- Heat up oil, mix in the cumin seeds and the fenugreek leaves and fry for about five minutes.
- Mix in the finely cut tomato, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and fry till the tomato is soft and the oil separates.
- Finally, mix in rice, salt and four cup of water.
- Stir fry on a high flame heat up till the first boil and then let it simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) till the rice is done.
- Serve hot.