GUAJRATI DAL DHOKALI RECIPE
250 grams tuver daal,
200 grams wheat flour,
3 green chilies
3 tbsp green chili paste
50 grams groundnut
25 grams cashewnut,
1 tbsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Mustard seeds,3-4 cloves
2 cinnamon, 2 tomatoes
1 tbsp Tamarind 100 grams brown sugar,
Salt To Taste,
1 tbsp Garam masala,
1 tsp Ajama 4-5 tbsp.Oil,
2 tbsp Red chili powder asafetida
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
3-4 tbsp. Ghee.
- Shift wheat flour. Add salt, turmeric powder, ajama, red chili
powder. Mix well. Add oil and knead the flour to roti like
- Wash tuver dal and pressure cook it for three whistles.
- Cool and remove the dal. Heat oil and ghee in a pot, then put
cloves and cinnamon and then add mustard leaves.
- When they crackle add curry leaves, green chilies and a pinch of
asafetida. Pour tover dal.
- Mix tamarind and brown sugar water, cashew nuts, groundnut, garam
masala, red chili powder and mix well.
- Add tomato pulp, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water. Boil
the dal. roll out big rotis and cut them into pieces and add these
pieces in boiling dal.
- Boil for 10 minutes and remove. Serve the dal dhokli warm.
Sprinkle cilantro leaves.
Note: Prepare kachori of green peas or of any
other vegetable or coconut and add in boiling curry.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...