Atta Halwa Recipe
Atta halwa is one of the healthiest Indian dessert as it is rich in Vitamin A and iron. Wholewheat halwa is cooked for lots of religious occasions. Find out how to make atte ka halwa.
1 Cup Wheatwheat Flour (atta)
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
1/2 cup desi ghee / clarified butter
10 almonds chopped lengthwise
10 - 15 raisins
1 1/2 Cup water
How to make atte ka halwa:
- Heat water in a pan and add sugar, raisins and cardamom. Bring it to a boil and turn off the flame. Keep aside for later use.
- Heat ghee in a pan or kadai which should be heavy bottom. Add the atta and keep stirring it till the flour gets mixed well with ghee.
- Turn down the flame to low and let the flour ghee mixture roast for 10 - 15 minutes or till it turns golden brown and a sweet aroma starts spreading. It is important to stir the mixture from time to time to ensure that the flour does not get burnt.
- Now add the sugar syrup to the roasted atta mixture and mix well stirring constantly to make sure no lumps are formed.
- Keep stirring till the ghee separates.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped almonds.